Last updated: March 4, 2014
Welcome to the Brigham’s website – www.brighams.com – (the “Website”) which is operated by BIC Acquisition LLC and its affiliates ("Brigham’s", "we" or “us”). We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the type of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us and our practices for using, sharing, maintaining and protecting your information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website and in e-mail, forms, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means; or
- any third party, including through any link accessible from the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect information to provide our users a better experience when visiting our Website. We collect both Personally Identifiable Information – such as your name, postal address and email address – and Non-Identifiable Information – such as your IP address, the equipment you use to access our Website and your usage details.
We collect information about you in several ways:
Information you provide us directly – You may fill out forms, enter sweepstakes or other promotions, rate products, sign up to join our marketing list or otherwise provide information to us when you are on our Website. This information includes:
- Your Name
- Your Postal Address
- Your Email Address
- Your Phone Number
- Your Date of Birth
- Any information you provide us in forms or in reporting problems on our Website, including purchase information
- Product comments, reviews and ratings
- Any information you provide us to enter in a contest, sweepstakes, promotion or other program on our Website
You also may provide information to be published or displayed or posted on public areas of our Website ("User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are publicly available and are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of our Website who view your User Contributions.
- Your browser type and operating system
- Your actual geographic location
- Web pages you view
- Links you click
- Your IP address
- Site you visited before and after visiting our Website
- Brigham’s emails you open and/or forward
- Brigham’s offers or links you connect to via email
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personally Identifiable Information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information automatically, but we may maintain it and/or associate Non-Identifiable Information with Personally Identifiable Information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
Do Not Track
Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We use multiple forms of automatic data collection technologies, which may include those detailed below.
Cookies and similar technologies – When you visit our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website or the content on our Website may not be customized for you.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics.
You can disable the ability of Web beacons to store cookie information by declining cookies.
Analytics information – We may use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends on the Website. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Website, including but not limited to the web pages you visit, the time you spend on pages, the websites you visit before and after visiting our Website, and other information that assists us in improving our Website. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual user.
Device information – We may collect information about the device you use to access our Website. A device identifier may provide us information about how you browse and use the Website.
Log File information – When you visit our Website, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Website, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Website.
Location information – When you consent to allow the Website to track your physical location, or if you access the Website from a mobile device on which you enabled the location tracking service, we will collect information about your broadcast physical location. When we do this, we do so to customize your experience on our Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including both Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Identifiable Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you
- To provide you with information that you request from us
- To follow up on any comments, requests or problems you report
- To administer any promotion, contest, sweepstakes, program, or mailing list in which you enroll
- To improve our marketing and promotional efforts
- To analyze our Website usage
- To improve features and content on our Website
- To deliver customized content to you
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features on our Website
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent
Third Parties Who Provide Support Services to Brigham’s
In the course of doing business, we may employ other companies and individuals to perform a variety of functions on our behalf. For example, we hire agencies to help administer promotions, to analyze data, to deliver email, to determine the zip code associated with your IP address, and to host and improve the functionality of our Website. These service providers may have access to your Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Identifiable Information if it is needed to perform their functions for Brigham’s. Please note that we provide our service providers with only the personal information they need to perform their services.
Information We Share
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our licensor(s) and affiliates
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties who provide support to Brigham’s, as set forth above
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a sale, merger, divestiture, reorganization, dissolution, or other similar event of some or all of the business or assets associated with this Website
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to contact a friend, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- Where we believe in good faith that it is necessary to prevent a crime or an injury to ourselves or third parties
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Brigham’s, our affiliates, our customers or others
Your Choice and Control of Your Information
You are ultimately in control of the Personally Identifiable Information you provide to us on our Website. We only send you email messages if you explicitly ask to receive them (you opt in). You can stop receiving promotion email at any time by following the instructions provided in the email or by contacting us at the email address or phone number set forth below.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Links to Other Sites
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on our Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website, register on the Website, enter any promotions offered on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information.
Should a child under the age of 13 provide personal information to us through our Website, upon proper identification, any parent or legal guardian can review any Personal Information we have collected from their child, if we are still maintaining the information in our operational database. The parent or legal guardian may also request that the Personal Information be deleted from our database, and refuse to permit further collection or use of their child's information. If you are a parent or legal guardian and wish to exercise these rights, please contact Brigham’s as described below.
Brigham’s takes reasonable steps to protect the Personally Identifiable Information we collect or you provide to us on our Website from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this Website may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personally Identifiable Information to Brigham’s via the Internet. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
How To Contact Us
BIC Acquisition LLC | Six Kimball Lane | Lynnfield, MA 01940
Attention: Public Relations Department
We'll be happy to answer your questions or hear your concerns.